03 May 2013

Spiders and Friends

Considering i get the most hits on my site due to people google searching this question, it seemed fitting to share the following text exchanges. Besides, it reminded me of the incredible taste i have in friends.

Last night i sent the same exact text to two different friends. The following conversations happened--both very different, both hilarious.

Friend #1

Me: It's always slightly alarming to step out of the shower and wrap up in your towel, only to find it was already occupied by a spider.

Friend #1: Gah!! The towel?! Yeah, "alarming" is one way of putting it. Losing bladder control is another

Me: Considering this is not my first arachnid encounter of this nature, they will have to work much harder than lurking in my towel to ellicit that sort of reponse from me.

Friend #1: You're made of stronger stuff :) My brother-in-laws have some Japanese spider mission stories that make me think it's possible

Me: Whatever their nationality, I still feel that it was very uncivilized to peek in on me

Friend #1: No decency these days

Me: Exactly.


Friend #2

Me: It's always slightly alarming to step out of the shower and wrap up in your towel, only to find it was already occupied by a spider.

Friend #2: I personally enjoy that experience!

Friend #2: Shower tonight and not a bath?

Friend #2: Weirdo... ;)

Me: While I am not refuting the fact that I am indeed a weirdo, I would like some clarification. In this particular instance, am I odd because I showered or because I didn't enjoy my arachnid encounter?

Friend #2: No, I was teasing you for showering (like a normal person) instead of bathing (like a weirdo). However, I called you a weirdo for doing the more normal thing. 'Twas a joke, of course.

Me: Either way, I am doomed to be a weirdo considering the fact that my normal hygienic habit is to bathe :)

Don't worry, the irony was not lost on me...I knew you were teasing

Friend #2: Haha. Good. Word count?



i seriously have the best friends.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I have a friend who stepped out of the shower and a mouse looked up at her. She wasn't sure if she should be alarmed that a mouse was peeping at her or feel bad that she had flashed the mouse.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I have a HUGE fear of spiders. But I find mice to be cute :)