31 December 2014

Looking back at my year

In 2014:

i read 45 novels. i got a nickname from my niece. i watched my little sister get married. i fell in love. i fell out of love. i flipped a snowmobile over...twice. i ran through Logan canyon, Ogden canyon, Provo canyon, Red Rock canyon (NV), and Big Cottonwood canyon. i didn't miss a single night of scripture reading. i remembered how much more i love sunrises than sunsets. i learned how to set and keep boundaries. i ate more HBCs at Zupas than i can count. i found three new running buddies. i discovered the 12-step program. i killed four hobo spiders in my house. i slipped on the ice twice. i had my best roommate ever. i went to three great concerts. i hiked through Moab, Utah.

i gained a social life and a group of new and amazing friends. i sent out Christmas cards for the first time ever. i lost three toenails. i redefined my relationship with God. i finished decorating my office. i removed instagram from my life. i learned how to make beautiful snowflakes. i completely restaffed my reservation center. i developed a strong relationship with my little brother. i talked my dad into going to Jordan and Israel with me. i religiously watched every episode of "So You Think You Can Dance." i wore out three pairs of running shoes. i finished an embroidery project i started last year.

i developed a love for houseplants. i became reliant upon a sponsor. i competed in 11 races. i got addicted to Spotify. i started dating healthy men. i experienced trail running for the first time. i watched a pro baseball game in Arlington. i became obsessed with "Lake Street Dive." i bowled my best game ever.  i attended the funerals of both of my grandmothers. i journaled religiously. i had two life changing experiences. i ran more than 1,000 miles. i wandered through Yellowstone National Park. i found a photo of my paternal grandfather when he was a kid. i went to zoos in two different states.

i spoke at a recovery conference for those affected by sex addition or betrayal trauma. i wrote 31 blog posts. i didn't cut my hair once. i burned all my letters from "he who must not be named." i got caught on the security camera at work falling flat on my face. i celebrated when the cheesy bean and rice burrito ended back on the Taco Bell menu.  i decorated two Christmas trees. i had two Russian teenagers live at my house for a week. i ran through the vineyards in California. i made my dad proud. i grew to appreciate what i see when i look in the mirror.

i had a good year.

And i have this feeling that 2015 will be even better.


3 comments:

Grace said...

You really did have an amazing year! Here's to 2015!

7aura7 said...

This is wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

Now I have to watch the video of you falling after checking yourself out in the mirror!

...Or, you could post it to your blog for all of us to enjoy.

Erika