28 August 2013

30 before 30

i turned 28 on Monday. It was an incredible day. But that's a different story...

i've always been a fan of bucket lists. A way to dream and wish and imagine. Some things will get crossed off and some ideas are far-fetched. It's fun to believe that some day i will complete every thing on my bucket list.

This is not a bucket list. This is a "To-Do" list. As in, i MUST do these things. And there is a time limit; i have two years (less two days). They are in no particular order. i will post developments as i go.

30 BEFORE 30
1- Get completely out of debt
2- Visit one place on my bucket list in country
3- Visit one place on my bucket list out of country
4- Run a marathon
5- Forgive Jacob
6- Go fly fishing
7- Finish a twin sized quilt
8- Master making delicious sushi
9- Read and keep an accounting of 100 novels
10- Grow my hair to mermaid lengths
11- Take the GRE
12- Go skydiving
13- Read the Bible from cover to cover
14- Go vegetarian for a month
15- Transfer my entire music collection to digital format
16- Scripture study every night for an entire year
17- Do a yoga headstand
18- (Originally: Get down to 125 pounds) Accept myself no matter what my weight is
19- Become an ordinance worker
20- Print out a copy of my novel
21- Go scuba diving somewhere new
22- Master making a white sauce
23- Clean and organize every drawer, every cupboard and every box in my house
24- Snowshoe
25- Get rid of gossiping
26- Learn to do a loud two finger whistle
27- Read all 7 Harry Potter books again
28- Make an origami paper crane
29- See a great concert
30- Learn how to take a compliment

What would you have on your list?

6 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Getting completely out of debt would definitely be on mine. But as someone with a Master's I'll be in debt forever due to student loans lol.

By the way, I am wanting to follow your blog but can never find a follow button?

Tara Johnson said...

It is a great list and it inspires me to want to make one! But I think you should add "attend a concert at red rocks amphitheater." ;)

Katie C. said...

I only have a few months left until 30! CRAZY! I'll have to do a 40 before 40 list instead :)

Tara Johnson said...

What I meant to say is change 29 to see a great concert at red rocks!

Anna said...

Get a house would be on mine. So I can finally have a space of my own. Get a dog.
Do more freelance graphic design. Learn more about web design.

Let me know when you decide to do a marathon and I'll do it with you, if I can, pretty much the only reason I couldn't is if a baby trev or anna comes along.

Anonymous said...

Didn't your mom teach you how to make a wonderful white sauce?