26 July 2013

What i've learned this week

1- Sometimes the strongest people in the morning are the ones who cry themselves to sleep at night.

2- i CAN go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink. i just have to turn the lights off and walk away very quickly.

3- It's not a good idea to read a dark, disturbing, intriguing gothic novel late at night when i am by myself. i won't be able to put it down and then i will get creeped out and won't be able to sleep even after i stop reading.

4- It still hurts to be rejected.

5- i don't like John Philip Sousa. No matter how un-American that makes me.

6- Sperry's are some of the most comfortable shoes ever.

7- i miss the intimacy of a solid relationship. Sure, the physical stuff, but mostly the emotional. And i'm not the only one that feels this way:

"You will arrive at an age when what you develop this insatiable need for the conversations that come at the end of the day.

Oh, you’ll want the other stuff too—this kisses and the sex and the Sunday morning coffee runs. But there is a thing so particular about needing a person in which to empty secrets big and small. To tell the really banal stuff. And you’ll go on all these dates, so many dates. Bad dates and terrible dates and lonely dates and good ones too, but at the end of them you’ll just want to go home, crawl into bed, and tell your person just how hard and funny and ridiculous it all was. But they won’t be there. In fact, you’re only going on those dates to get to that person. And the irony of this is a sort of insult to injury. But that person—your person—will be born of these dates, both bad and good.

Or so you are told. And so you keep going." Meg Fee

8- Having family come to visit is bittersweet. i have a blast while they are here. Then they leave and the loneliness is worse than ever.

9- i'm obsessed with the Royal Family. i think Kate Middleton is gorgeous, loved her wedding dress, loved how she dressed during her pregnancy and i love the name "George" for the royal baby.

10- i look forward with anticipation to the first day of the new month...a new calendar page and a beautiful "1" everywhere. And i am anxious to start my new journal...a whole blank book that might be completely different from the last one.

5 comments:

Tara Johnson said...

Because of you I hate going to bed with dirty dishes! I loved that rule!!! Love the quote-so true! And Kate Middleton .... I totally agree!! Love her!!! Seeing her always makes me wnt to go shopping and change out my wardrobe!

BTW - love u!

Katie C. said...

Great quote!

Tim said...

Great points, Jennifer. And #2 is my default mode!

Jake and Katie Schwabedissen said...

I agree with all of that. It's so true. Also, I could have told you that about dishes back in college, but I liked the fact that our apt was always so clean. Haha. Now, like Tara, I feel guilty when I go to bed with dirty dishes and I blame you. :) Love you!!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Yes the conversations are the things that you miss during single times but rest assured that singlehood is merely a temporary condition. And yes reading certain books at night gives me CRAZY dreams!