17 July 2013

Summer Storm

Last night i watched the most beautiful lightening storm i have ever seen. It was close. It was bright. It lasted forever. i could still see the bolts flashing across my eyelids after i closed my eyes. i stood there, hanging out of my bedroom window, listening to the booming, feeling the electricity in the air.

Then it started to rain--that warm summer rain that drips off the leaves, brings the smell of fresh earth, and gathers in delicious puddles. i moved to my back porch, watching, smelling, listening.

Before i knew it, i was out there, running through the streets, splashing through the puddles, spinning under the storm, laughing at the tickling rain. It didn't matter that it was 11 at night. i didn't care that i was barefoot. i didn't think about the fact that i was alone. i probably looked insane out there in the dark and the rain jumping like a fool all by myself. But i don't care. It was a moment of pure delight.

Grinning, shivering, and soaking from head to foot, i finally retreated back to my home, my pajamas and my white fluffy bed. i drifted off to sleep with the sound of the rain outside my open window and the smell of it still lingering in my hair. i am sure i was still smiling. i love summer storms.


Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
it's learning to dance in the rain

 image

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I love that you did that! That's just awesome! PS. I've been reading your story, and although it makes me so stinking sad!!! :( It's very well written and really good. You are a very talented writer!

7aura7 said...

I love that quote about storms, and I totally can picture you out there :) I'm sure if anyone saw you, you made them happy. It's a very contagious type of joy.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Carpe Diem my frient!! I love how you lived in the moments...life is made for moments like that :) at least that's my life philosophy.