15 May 2015

i believe in Christ

As i wandered through the streets of Jerusalem, i fell in love with the city and the history surrounding it. However, i did not instantly feel the connection to Jesus Christ that i expected as i roamed the city where He ended His mortal ministry.

After a few days in Israel, my father and i rented a car and drove up the Jordan river valley and to the Sea of Galilee. When we reached Capernaum, we found a nature path that wound through some of the countryside and then dumped out right on the shore of the Sea of Galilee. There was no one else around. We were able to sit on a few stones right at the edge of the sea and watch the fish jumping and breaking the glassy surface of the water. 

There was something so incredibly peaceful about being there. It was easy to picture the Savior of the world standing upon the very shore where i sat, asking His apostles to follow Him. As i saw the solitude and calmness of the area, i felt that i better understood His temperament. i felt the difference between the serenity of the countryside where He grew up and taught in contrast to the craziness that was in Jerusalem where He was crucified.

As i stared out at the water and contemplated the life of my Savior, tears streamed silently down my face and i received a confirmation of what i already knew. 


i believe in Christ, in His divinity, and in His role as my Redeemer. i believe in the healing, sanctifying and enabling power of His Atonement. And i am eternally grateful for His role in my life.



 "Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.



Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: 



and ye shall find rest unto your souls.



For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." -Matthew 11:28-30



"Be not afraid, only believe." -Mark 5:36






No comments: