11 December 2012

This is why we are friends

i recently reconnected at the home of one of my mission buddies. It had been a long time since we had seen each other and much had changed...in both of our lives. Although some of the conversation was somber as we discussed the difficulties of life, we also spent a good long time laughing at mission memories. Some of my favorites happened with this companion.

For example, there was the time i took my nylons off in the middle of the street, or the time we were talking to a bus driver and made him run into a pole, or the time i accidentally kicked some stray dog's fresh droppings on the back of her skirt.

During our conversation, her cute little weiner dog ran into the room, clearly excited to see company. He jumped up on the couch in order to get a better look at me and say hello. Within seconds he had rolled onto his back for a belly scratch. As soon as i stretched out my hand to rub his stomach, he began to piddle...all over my hand and my leg.

When i arrived back home, the following text conversation ensued:

Me:
"i have to say--
1-It was wonderful to see you.
2- i can't believe your dog peed on me and i think you put him up to it as revenge for the poop kicking incident
3-i still love you"

Her:
"Jennifer, I have three things to say to you:
1- Likewise
2- Damn straight--you know you deserved that &
3-No, I haven't taken up swearing. I just felt like making you smile and thought profanity might do the trick"

It worked. i laughed for at least 5 minutes. i love you, Hermanita!

4 comments:

7aura7 said...

Ha! Ohhh, that was a good one.

Adriana@ClassicalQuest said...

How funny!

We had a dog once that got so excited every time my husband came home, she would run up and pee on his leg! (We didn't keep that dog for long!)

Sounds like you and your friend have a great relationship! What a gift!

p.s. I wanted to reply to your comment at my blog today, but b/c I copied the post from my archived blog, Blogger is not letting me respond to comments on that post! Thank you for stopping by. :)

Unknown said...

You too! I always love your blog and today's post was especially inspiring

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Ah the joys of friendship :)