22 December 2012

Productivity

Awhile ago i posted about my bucket list. Since then, i have actually crossed a couple things off. Man, does it feel good! :)

This is what i've accomplished.

*Get Scuba Certified

That's Maui. That's me scuba diving. That's a sea turtle. That's right. :)

*Beat Jacob at Texas Hold 'Em
Little did i know how hard checking this off would be. Little did i know what an amazing bluffer he was...a pro, really. Little did i know that i would be dealt a royal flush. But when all the cards were on the table and there were no secrets anymore, it turned out that he lost--big time. And i'm still standing, so i guess that means i beat him. Game Over.

*See a show on Broadway
I actually saw two shows! i went to "Evita" by myself and then "Peter and the Starcatchers" with my cousin, Leon. It was hard to choose what to see but both performances were phenomenal. Oh the voices some people have!

*Have a follower on my blog that i've never met
Welcome, friends! When i, in desperation to find someone who understood my situation, reached out to others, they reached back out to me. Amazing.

*Go to a midnight premier of a movie
My friend, Benjamin took me to see Peter Jackson's version of Tolkien's "The Hobbit." It was amusing to see people in costume (especially with bare hobbit feet when it was so very cold outside!). The  movie was....interesting. i'll have to give it a second go, i think. Mostly i was really sleepy but enjoyed the experience nonetheless.

*Museum hop in New York
MoMA (Museum of Modern Art):
 
Guggenheim:
 

Metropolitan Museum of Art:
And they were lovely.
 
 
The world didn't end yesterday as predicted. Part of me was a little bummed...after all life can be exhausting. But then again, it would be a shame not to put a check next to every item on my list. And who knows what's next? Peru? Petra? Possibly!!
 
 



5 comments:

Tim said...

The Hobbit movie was good in that they did so many things from the book so well. The parts they deviated for the book I was able to get why they did. But since when was Thorin such a good looking dwarf?

Nice sea turtle pic too. What fun!

Unknown said...

Haha! I never thought any dwarf could be good looking. The new musical thread was powerful and I was once again blown away by the set. I do need to see it again, I think.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Jo this is so inspiring!!! :) I really feel inspired now.

Pictionarist said...

Peru is on my list and Petra is in my future. Write me if you start thinking about it.

Anna said...

I really liked the Hobbit. I still haven't read the book since I'm currently trying to finish the book my mother in law published. I hope things are getting better for you. You're pictures are fun and I always enjoy reading your posts