11 December 2012

Fading

It's been over five months since i've seen him. i'm starting to forget. You know, the little things like the exact way his laugh sounds, the way it feels to have our fingers intertwined, the way he smells, the exact color of his eyes. And i can't flip through pictures to remind myself...it would completely undo me. It's like looking back at our life through a dirty window; the images are still there but not very clear anymore.



i don't want to remember. i don't want to forget.

It hurts.

Oh, it hurts so exquisitely.

3 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This is very introspective...I've definitely felt these feelings before. Thank you for sharing.

Pictionarist said...

I like seeing my pictures to insightful prose and poetry. Keep strong, Jennifer.

Chantel said...

Yeah, it does. It does hurt. It hurts like hell, over and over again. But I'm happy to hear that it's fading.