07 September 2012

Guess what, all y'alls?

I'm a Texan!

Some things I have noticed that are different from Southeastern Idaho:

*Little kids say "ma'am" and "sir"
*There are no mountains.
*There is Bluebell icecream in the grocery store (Best. Icecream. Ever.)
*The drivers are so bloody polite; if you put on your blinker, people move or slow down to let you in.
*It doesn't cool off at night. It's strange to step out into the dark and have it still be hot and muggy.
*There is amazing BBQ.
*Hello shopping :)
*i am not the only mini cooper on the roads. In fact, there are loads of us.
*i hear buzzing cicadas in the trees (reminds me of my childhood in LV).
*Tap water tastes disgusting.
*Although i have yet to truly experience it, i have heard that storms here are like nothing else. i've only seen the tip of the iceburg.
*There are a LOT more black people (or should i say "There actually ARE people that aren't just caucasian or Mexican")

6 comments:

Debbie said...

So you are now a Southern girl! How fun! Sounds a little like Maryland with the cicadas and the heat. Hope you are liking it there! Oh and have SO much fun in New York! We are trying to save up money to possibly go for my b-day in a few months, so you'll have to blog about how you like it!

his little lady said...

oh gosh, i still have yet to move out of state and get a whole new license! what an amazing opportunity! hope you are having fun in Texas!
xo TJ

Raven Lee said...

LOL, I never thought the day would come that you claimed to be Texan! I seem to remember a certain someone teasing me in college for being Texan ;P Texas is a big place, you must visit San Antonio (beautiful, yummy food, amazing smells, good tap water). And there are some moutains in the west of Texas (and pretty much nothing else). I love ya! xo

Jane said...

Hey! This is Jane from Paris study abroad. I think found your blog through Katie Chandler's blog. (What can I say, I'm a blog stalker...) I had to comment because I just moved to Texas (last month) too and your descriptions are hilarious and so accurate! One of the first things I did here was buy a Brita water filter because the tap water is so siiick. I've also been binging on Bluebell ice cream big time...holy bajeebees that stuff is good (as my ever growing thighs can attest).

ALSO- I'm going on a trip to NYC in November. Whaa...parallel lives?!

P.S. I'm so so sorry to hear about your sad news. Sending you lots of happy and encouraging wishes that what you need will come your way.

Unknown said...

Its good to hear from you! i love blog stalking! Now I will have to stalk yours! ;)

Where in Texas are you living?

Jane said...

Yay, blog stalking! I live in College Station...Aggieland! (Home to Texas A&M.) What about you?? Every time I told someone I was moving to Texas the response was always, "Oh, are you moving to Austin?!" followed by a pity look when I said no. If you live in Austin, I think I'm jealous. :)