13 September 2012

It happened again...

Despite all my best intentions. Even though i made a list. i really did well for awhile, too. i read:
Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
The Fountainhead
Mistborn
The Brother's Karamazov
And i have completed a good chunk of "Jesus the Christ" and "Origin of Species."

But with everything that i have been dealing with, i let myself weaken and went back to an old (much read and much loved) favorite. Peter S Beagle once called it "a green alternative to each day's madness here in a poisoned world." Exactly what i need...an escape.


"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."

::grin::

4 comments:

Grace said...

At least you have superb taste. :) How did you like Mistborn? I wasn't sure if it was something you would enjoy.

7aura7 said...

Oh I wouldn't beat yourself up about it :) Good books are good friends and all that jazz. It's good to make new friends, but make sure and spend time with the old ones too!

I liked the Mistborn series, but the second book made me want to scream with frustration and boredom. But let me tell you, the next book he wrote for that "world", The Alloy of Law, was soooooooo good. I liked all of the characters in that one, whereas in the Mistborn, I loved about half the characters, and just got annoyed with the main ones. (Or maybe just two of them...) I think his female characters are getting better and better.

Pictionarist said...

I look forward to discussion Fountainhead and architecture in NYC with ya!

Unknown said...

I had already read the original trilogy and just went back and read the fourth one, alloy of law or whatever it was called. I enjoyed it! I actually listened to a book on tape so it was very entertaining to hear Wayne's accents.