24 January 2012

How do you measure a year in a life?

February 1st marks our one year mark of moving to Pocatello. I have been commuting up to Rexburg for a whole year. That averages to about 720 hours commuting this past year. In other words:

30 days of travel time. ONE WHOLE MONTH of my year was spent commuting. WoW! Interesting. So I started tallying. Here are some figures that "measure" our last year.

11 books read out loud

5 new addictions*

2 moves

49 nights apart

1 promotion

20 blog posts (including this one)

10 trips**

0 pregnancies

3 callings

44 school credits

9 rooms redecorated (not all of them were in my house)

3 dead goldfish

1 live goldfish

8 new pairs of shoes

48 trips to Taco Bell

6 neighborhood parties

1 surgery


*Jake: Katy Perry, grilling. Me: Glee, gardening. Both of us: our iPhones.
**Vegas x3, Texas, Seattle, SLC x3, camping x2



1 regret: I didn't count (or write down) the books that I have read. I plan on rectifying that in this coming year.

9 comments:

Katie C. said...

Seriously! How do you know how many Taco Bell trips you've had but don't know what books! Not right!

Stephanie Wadsworth said...

I am ashamed of the number of trips to Taco Bell ... please rectify this as well! C:

Unknown said...

Ok. I should clarify. That's all the times we purchased TB with a debit card (which is almost always) but I am sure we missed some.

Karri Warren said...

Haha, ah Jennifer. I love how you blog. I love how creative you are. You are an artist. I enjoy your writing very much. :)

Raven Lee said...

Who had a surgery? What happened? Is everything alright? I sound like some crazy, obsessive mother, I know, but this one caught me by surpirse the most. xo

Anna said...

MMMM Taco Bell

Grace said...

How about love? ;) Awesome song ref. I love the way you describe things. I hope you write a book someday.

Jake and Katie Schwabedissen said...

I agree with all of the above comments except I think that it is possible you didn't eat at Taco Bell enough.
Also, I can't remember if you are on Goodreads or not, but it is a fantastic way to keep track of books that you have read and to get recommendations from friends.
Thanks for posting this!!

Stephanie Wadsworth said...

I was thinking about this post today and realized that if I was making this list I could say that in the past year I've been a legal resident of three states .... hmmm