31 August 2014

Run Jennifer Run

Well, friends. i have run 161 miles this month. "I run because somehow exhausting myself is the most relaxing part of my day."

i have also competed in 4 races over the last 3 months.

Here is a photo journey of my races:

RAGNAR (end of June)

This is a 200 mile race (from Logan, UT to Park City, UT) over the mountains. There are 12 runners and two vans per team. Two days and one night...always with someone on the move. Each runner completes three legs. There is something completely insane about Ragnar and i instantly fell in love. i had convinced my boss to sponsor a team which means we rode around in style. Our team finished in 34 hours and 40 minutes.

With my co-captain

My van at the start line

Our sweet ride

After finishing my three legs

Our whole team at the end!

Swag

COLOR RUN (beginning of July)

After such an intense race, a 5k was perfect for my next event. Not only that, but my guy was able to run it with me! He has been dealing with IT band problems so running longer distances at the moment is not possible. Plus, getting plastered with color was so much fun.

At the start line

At the finish line
Before and after

Colorful Pavement

R.A.T. RELAY (end of July)

One of my teammates from Ragnar contacted me about this race last minute. It was a relay from Mesa Falls to Rexburg. The best part is that it was Run And Turn (runners AND bikers). Each member had two legs, alternating between a runner and a biker. Since my guy is first and foremost a biker (road and mountain) he was stoked to be able to compete again with me....with each of us doing what we love most. The race was around 80 miles long. We finished in about 4 hours and 25 minutes.

My guy crossing some gorgeous country


He is happy to be competing!

Starting the team off with a trail run

Finished!

Two bikers and me

Long, hard, beautiful race

TOP OF UTAH HALF MARATHON (end of August)

i was so excited for this race. Since i had been building up miles all month, only running 13 on a Saturday was a nice break for me. Except i pushed myself SO HARD. i have never felt so empowered on a run before. i didn't once feel the need to stop, rest, walk or slow down. My phone battery was almost dead when i started, so i ran the first 10 miles in silence. When i hit mile 10, i pushed play and felt a SURGE of energy rush through me as the music blared. So, i picked up the pace. When i hit mile 12 i realized that i would still be able to keep running after i crossed the finish line...so i picked up the pace even more. About a half a mile from the end, i could see the finishers arch....so i started to sprint. And that is how i crossed the finish line...running as hard as i could, grinning from ear to ear, music blasting in my ears and full of fire. 

i finished in 2hours3mins35secs.

More race swag


  "I always loved running...it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs." -Jesse Owens

4 comments:

Julie Graham said...

Wow Jennifer, this is amazing...YOU are amazing! Way to go!

Grace said...

Wow, these races are really intense! You are pretty amazing!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Hi Jennifer!!! Wow - 161 miles in a month?? You continue to inspire each and every day :-)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your accomplishments!!! So very proud of you!! Xoxo