26 June 2013

Just a little thing

Yesterday i went to spend the evening at the temple. On my drive over, i received a phone call from my father. So, when i got there i sat in the parking lot for about five minutes finishing up the conversation. There was a car parked next to me with a guy also just sitting there. Upon terminating my call, i locked up my car and entered the temple.

Two hours later, when i got back to my car, i found a note tucked into my driver's side window. It simply said, "I hope this isn't too weird, but I just wanted to say that I thought you look quite nice today. Have a great night! ~Shain W"

That was it. No phone number. No come-on. No request for a date. Just a plain, simple, and oh-so-sweet compliment with no alterior motives. i assume it came from the kid in the car next to me, but i don't even know for sure.

The note is now stuck to my fridge.

It. Made. My. Day.

4 comments:

7aura7 said...

What a sweetheart. When I hear a girl say "all men are pigs", I think, how sad. There really are a lot of genuinely good males out there, and they don't get enough credit. I'm glad one was in that parking lot at the same time you were.

Katie C. said...

Wow! I want compliments like that on my car!

Grace said...

That is awesome. What a great way to end a night at the temple.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

What I love the most about this is that there was no expectation of anything, for as you mentioned, he never left a phone number or contact info. A truly selfless compliment. What a beautiful thing.