17 May 2012

Ambition

"Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans." -John Lennon

Regardless, I still whole heartedly believe in making plans, and especially plans for your life. I also believe that "life plans" don't always need to focus on families, careers, financial security, and spiritual preparedness. Be a little selfish sometimes!! In other words, make a bucket list and then...as impractical or silly as some of those things may seem...dream about finishing it. Even better...DO IT!! Here is my bucket list (in no particular order).

**Updated: What is crossed off, i have accomplished since i wrote this list!***

JO's Bucket List:
*Hike Machu Picchu
*Drive a motorcycle
*Backpack across Europe
*Read the Bible from cover to cover
*Ride in a hot air balloon
*Get a cap on my peg lateral
*Drive from coast to coast (staying at Motel 6s and eating at diners if at all possible)
*Get scuba certified
*Make a pilgrimage
*Solve the Rubik's Cube
*Sleep on an overnight train
*Earn a PhD
*Read every book in my library
*Museum hop in New York (MoMA, Met, Guggenheim)
*Hike the Appalachian Trail
*Participate in a flash mob
*Visit the San Diego Zoo
*Rock a right hand solitaire (no less than a carat, please!) **Although it's not a solitaire, i now rock a gorgeous diamond right hand ring!
*Ride an elephant
*Achieve my ideal weight **i love myself no matter what my weight now. My ideal weight=exactly what i weigh right now!
*Live on all habitable continents
*Beat Jacob at Texas Hold 'Em
*Visit the seven "new" wonders of the world: Machu Picchu, Peru (already on list); the Coliseum, Rome; Petra, Jordan (CHECK!); Christ Redeemer, Brazil; The Great Wall of China; Chichen Itza, Mexico (CHECK!); The Taj Mahal, India
*See a show on Broadway
*Have a 2 year supply of food storage
*Spend a week at yoga retreat OR silent retreat
*Paint something that I would hang in my house
*Ride in a helicopter
*Visit Hogwarts :)
*Have a follower on my blog that I've never met
*Ride a camel
*Get Lasik surgery
*Learn a new word every day for an entire year
*Go to a midnight premier of a movie
*Have my hair styled at a salon that charges ridiculous fees (because it's THAT good)
*Write my life story
*Attend a masquerade

Things I would love to say that I've done, but not enough to actually do them:
*Run a marathon I DID IT!!!!
*Skydive
*Own a bookstore
*Play a game of Monopoly until the very end
*Get a tattoo
*Dive with sharks
*Have my name changed to be all lowercase letters

Things that were on my bucket list that are now completed (wooohooo):
*Be a beautiful bride
*Get a pixie cut
*Master a foreign language
*Fly first class
*Take an art class in an actual art museum
*Learn to drive a stick shift
*Live in Paris
*Swim with dolphins
*Graduate from college
*Paint a room in my house black
*Kiss the Blarney Stone



"Live as well as you dare." -Sydney Smith

8 comments:

Beck Bee said...

How funny. I was just discussing my bucket list with my coworker. And I find myself thinking...again...that I should write one. I love yours! And I'm right there with you on the skydiving...

Cassidee Garner said...

HI Jennifer! I'm cassidee my dad is mark garner! i read ur blog and love it! i met 1 of ur goals a new follower! so know when u see me u can put a connection there!

Katie C. said...

Gosh that's a good list!

Pictionarist said...

I love looking at other people's ambitious bucket lists. Two reasons 1) its really fun to see that other people have the same dreams I do, and 2) because I have done A LOT of your dreams, and yes, they are achievable and YES they are awesome.
Drive coast to coast; you'll have a place better to stay than a Motel 6 when you get to my side :-)

7aura7 said...

Such a good opening quote. That is SO true. Great bucket entries too! Can I join you on the museum hopping one? (Actually, can I join you on half of those?)

Oh, and I love that you have a list of things that you'd love to do but not enough to do them. You're pretty awesome. Find a reason to come stay here again! I didn't get nearly enough jennifer discussion time.

Sami said...

Thanks for giving me a few more ideas for mine! =) Let me know when you are doing some of these and I'll join you! Miss you bunches!!!!! I'm starting to make some friends but things just are not the same without a Jennifer in my life!

Jake and Katie Schwabedissen said...

That's a great list! I have a feeling that you will accomplish almost all of the things on that list. You are amazing.

Raven Lee said...

I love that you said kiss the Blarney stone! LOL, I have a list like this too (in my journal), and some of ours are the same :) Oh, and I was going to say, have you ever asked Jake to teach you how to solve a rubiks cube? While you were on your mission he totally taught me and I did it several times. I miss ya! xo