04 October 2011

New Season

Last weekend was beautiful, sunny, warm, picnic weather. Today was cold and rainy. I realized that while it used to be light as I left Pocatello, now sunrise happens just as I hit Rexburg. I started working on my files for the 4th quarter. And I had to admit that winter cometh...quickly.

But first, I have to enjoy Autumn. I love this season; it might be my favorite. I am sure I will post more on my love of Autumn...just as I do every year. I came to terms with the chilly fall day today for the following reasons:

There were home made biscuits and gravy for lunch today. So warming on a rainy day



The spine-tingling book I am reading seems appropriate for the holiday and the weather



Fun new sweaters for work




My pumpkins are flourishing. This one is about the size of a cantelope.



Halloween is coming! I began decorating today.



Now I get to snuggle under my down comforter with the cool, fresh, clean air blowing in through the sliding glass door off my bedroom.

Hello, Autumn. And goodnight, all.

4 comments:

Anna said...

I am excited for fall as well. I hope it's not one of those years where we have a quick few days of it and then WHAM winter is here. I dislike those years.

Debbie said...

I think Fall is definitely my favorite season too! So many fun things! :)

7aura7 said...

Autumn is my favorite season by far, but when it hits, I always feel a little depression just because it means that winter is coming... yuck. But then I go for a walk or drive and look at all the beautiful leaves, then get out my long sleeved clothes. Then I'm happy again.

Raven Lee said...

I like the book your reading ;)