26 August 2010

...and so it begins

I don’t know what I am doing, really. And I have no idea what this blog will turn into. But sometimes I question the point of my education, my classes, my writing assignments, my degree, if I’m not writing and then sharing what I have written. However, I feel the need to write a disclaimer so that my readers (if I actually accumulate followers) know what they are—and what they aren’t –getting themselves into.

*I like to make lists. I am an obsessive lister. Even in my daily conversations I am listing. In fact, my little 3 year old neighbor picked up a phrase from me, “First of all…..” As such, my blog will most likely be chocked full of lists.

*I am NOT a blogger; I am a writer. Ok, so maybe calling myself a writer is stretching things a bit. The point I am trying to make is that I don’t know how to make my blog “cutesy.” Besides the basics, I have no clue how to mess with my headers and footers and sidebars. I don’t take creative pictures of all the things I’m doing, edit them to make them look amazing, and post them mixed in with clever quotes, etc. Sorry. If that’s what you are looking for, you are in the wrong place. I imagine that 90% of this will be words.

*If you are going to be offended, don’t read my blog. When I write, I tend to do one of two things: tell things the way they are or greatly exaggerate the situation. Unfortunately, both of these situations tend to offend the people I write about (and I may write about anyone I come in contact with). People either don’t want to face the truth about themselves or they cannot understand my gross exaggeration. My intention is not to lose friends over my blog and I also don’t want to spend time “explaining” or apologizing for what I write. Therefore, if your feelings would be hurt, refrain from reading :)

*I am not expecting that this will turn into a chronological account of what is happening in my life. Maybe. I’m sure I’ll post some of that type of information. But I’m mostly thinking that I’ll blog what I am writing—whether it’s about something in my past, present or future. Anyhow, this definitely will not be a “journal,” from my journal or anything that I usually write in my journal.

My disclaimer sounds as if my blog is going to be sarcastic, cynical and a bit of a downer. That’s not my intent in the least. I hope that it will be amusing, upbeat and a place where someone can go to get a good laugh and feel better about life.

Welcome. Read. Laugh. Comment. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Katie C. said...

I wish I had such a good looking profile pic! Can't wait to see what you're writing

Raven Lee said...

I love it Jenn! I can't wait to read all the crazy things you come up with. As the Irish would say, it will be great craic. :)

7aura7 said...

Keep it comin' Birthday Girl!

Jake and Katie Schwabedissen said...

It's about time!! Thank you for the link. I can't wait.

Ken said...

Count me as one of your MANY fans! Look forward to your thoughts.

Stephanie Wadsworth said...

stoked. step one towards our book eh? C: maybe.