08 February 2011

::melancholy::

i just had to go through a series of very hard "goodbyes." I hate how people that have become so important to me sometimes move out of my life so quickly. In the spirit of my melancholy mood, here is a list of other things i hate:

*that blast of cold water that always comes shooting out when i first turn on the shower.
*feeling envious.
*having chipped toenail polish and no time to change it.
*cliches that are unfortunately accurate. For example: When it rains it pours; What goes around comes around; Champagne tastes and a beer budget.
*reading about other people's "perfect lives" on their blogs.
*the smell of sour towels.
*being so worried about getting to sleep that i can't sleep at all.
*holes in the heels of my socks.
*trying to find the right shade of foundation.
*how much i relate to the word "bittersweet" at the moment.

Goodnight. Hopefully the cliche "after the rain comes the rainbow" becomes applicable in the next few days.

5 comments:

Katie C. said...

That stinks! I'm really feeling your pain.

Debbie said...

I hate some of those things too!! Hope you feel better soon! I bet it was hard to leave YW? I hope you like your new home and ward :)

Jake and Katie Schwabedissen said...

My dear melancholy friend,

I can understand and sympathize with your pain. I, too, have felt these winter blues. But I am also looking forward to the day we're going to get down and dirty (and covered in paint) and have some fun. Keep looking to the future - good times are just around the corner. :)

Stephanie Wadsworth said...

blast a really loud movie tonight while eating a bowl of mashed potatoes - that will maybe help things look brighter?

Anna said...

It starts to stress me out when I go too long with chipped fingernail polish but just can't find the time for a new coat or to just take it off. I hope you feel better Jennifer =0)